Sunday, 3 April 2016

Yellow and Grey Caramel cardigan by Isabell Kraemer


I have just finished my Caramel cardigan. I made a size medium using Rowan Superwash DK. Six balls of gold and 3 balls in shale, bought on offer for £3.60 each from John Lewis online. The pattern was very easy to follow, it is available for free on Ravelry. I lengthened the sleeves slightly, although I might shorten them to bracelet length to make the cardigan more of a jacket. I have fastened it with a broach for now, but I plan on adding gold popper fasteners down one side. 

The wool is very warm, but I was slightly disappointed with the yarn as there were joins in the middle and some fluffy lint. Not sure Rowan is what it once was. It did iron well and looks nice now it is finished. 




2 comments:

  1. So glad I saw this, I was about to make a small size. Nice way I'm smaller than you. Love the colour combination. Did your gauge match theirs? Or did you need to make a needle adjustment? This is my first garment that's not a scarf or socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi A, I made a small as looking on ravelry at some of the projects the small looked quite small, but I do wish the sleeve on the medium were a bit tighter. My gauge was a bit loose so I had to reduce my needle size to 3.75mm. Good luck knitting. I'm sure if you can make socks you will be fine.

      Delete